Here are some tips you should consider use choosing a local pharmacist.
- You should choose your pharmacist as carefully as you choose a physician. It is best to use only one pharmacy so that all your medication records are in one location. It is also just as important to establish a relationship with your pharmacist.
- Talk to your pharmacist and make sure to ask any questions you have about taking your medication. Make sure to tell your pharmacist any prescription, over-the-counter and herbal medications you are currently taking.
- Keep a permanent, updated list of all the medications you take with you. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, and herbals. This list will be useful if you are hospitalized or are using a pharmacy that does not have all your medication records.
- Even though you do not need a prescription to obtain an over-counter-medication, OTC medication is powerful. Make sure to ask your pharmacist to help you choose the right OTC for you.
- The best place to store your medication is not your bathroom’s medicine cabinet. The heat and humidity can decrease the intended effects of the medication. Never store your medication in an unmarked container, and make sure to ask how to properly dispose of any unused medication.
The pharmacists at Rapps Pharmacy can answer these and other questions you may have about the medications you are currently taking. Please feel free to contact us and one of our knowledgable staff will assist you.